Tuesday, January 7, 2020

A Howling Good Holiday






I didn't achieve to much over the holidays, I managed to paint one model. This is the other Space Marine character that wasn't picked for the Wrath and Glory Campaign. He wears his Chapter Symbol on the Right Shoulder as much like the Death Watch his new allegiance is worn of the left shoulder, in this case the Oath he made to Inquisitor Victoria.




He is inspired by the below artwork, when sourcing the bits I was frustrated that I couldn't find a shoulder pad with both the Edge and the Studs like in the image. However its not an exact replica and I dont think my model conveys the same menacing stride either.



My partner replace her phone during the Boxing day sales (I hate the very concept of this, Christmas is commercialized enough, this day should be for time with Family not dragging people out for more sales) and it has a great camera (well compared to mine at least) and I hate it. It shows me all my brush strokes so much clearer than I can see and while the model looks fine to the naked eye I can see all of my mistakes in the photos so easily.



Overall I am pretty happy with both of my Primaris - True Scale Marine conversions. Though both still have hints of primaris as there as some parts of the design that I still like. I quite enjoyed making these and think I will make more. The idea of having a mini collection of Space Marine characters from different chapters is quite appealing.



The most of what I did with my spare time was re-read Tower of God. Season 3 is great and I needed a refresher of whats happening as I have been reading it in drips for so long.



         The "Main' Characters

As hyped as ever, this is the last remaining Comic/Manga that I read anymore. Unlike other Mangas in the action/adventure genre it has a story line that continues to develop. One of the characters Khun Ran is used as my avatar image on most sites, if only I could get such blue grey hair in real life.

Eating his Lightning Pill

Despite it going on for so long the story line has been great so far, and despite the first Season not having the best art work the story was gripping enough to keep my interest and you can see how the writer has improved in that respect over time. 

Baylord Doom the Evil Cute Puppy Boy

So special thanks to Slave Inutero (The Authors Nickname) for making Mondays something to look forward too.


Also I have started making some Eldar and Pirate themed Objective Makers using some files I found on Thingiverse (Thanks and respect to whoever designed the originals, I will try to link you when I upload the final versions to Thingiverse).


On a side note I have made a discord server (which is currently empty) but if anyone wants to chat or discuss stuff hobby related or not come join.

Da TechMeks Garage Discord Server

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! The better quality camera improves your painting skills and forces you to really notice the detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the most horrifying thing was realising how thick my paint was in some places. Will have to keep on improving and thin my paints more.

      Delete