Sunday, January 12, 2020

Objective Markers Round 2 - Freebooters and Pointy Eared Gits



Here are the two latest additions to my Objective Marker 3D remixes. I don't have the skills to develop such things in any proper 3D sculpting software so like any good Ork Mek I loot the designs and shove some numbers on it. (Okay there is a little bit more to the process but that is the gist of it).


First of all for the Space Aelf army that I began but then stopped immediately we have the dimensional gateways. Seeing all the beautifully painted Aeldari armies at tournaments and really liking the play style I was so tempted to start one. I managed to get one of the old start collecting sets and traded out the bikers for some rangers with someone on facebook. Leading the army would be an Autarch with Reaper Cannon aka Amalyn with upgraded Rifle.


Now with more ZZAAHPP!

However after my initial attempts using masking tape and spray paints to get the base colours down on my Fire Prism I found that my cheap choice of masking tape and poor application had left bits where the the spray paint had mixed with the masking tape glue leaving horrible marks, not only that but some of the masking tape had stuck and left marks on the energy crystal. Dismayed it was left to rot in my WIP bucket. Thankfully the Legends release has put an end to my ideas for a Aeldari army by removing my HQ choice and that special edition Bone Singer I bought. I think I might still finish the 500pts or so that I have bought eventually for some fun skirmish games but not sure how I want paint the infantry as that colour scheme might not transition well.

Nowhere near the pretty Aeldari I have seen.

The other objective markers are Treasure Chests, these were designed with my local gaming club the Miramar Freebooters in mind, I might get a set printed to give away when we next hold a 40k tournament.


Thanks to the club for posting this image every month to help motivate me/feel guilty about painting.




Last but not least I have updated the Tryanids and Necrons Objective Markers on Thingiverse with files for each individual objective marker. This was done based on requests on social media months ago from people who wanted to get each individual marker as their 3D printers didnt have space for all 6. Which makes total sense as when I printed them I did them 4 at a time cause 6 wouldn't fit on the printer I had access too... Sorry for the delayed response there for an issue I had before I even upload the files for the public...

And sorry to the creators of their original designs, when I last uploaded them I didn't have the remix showing correctly and you were only mentioned in the comments/description. I have now put the remix link in correctly.




Anyway here are all the links for the new and updated objectives:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4093773 - Dimensional Gates for Pointy Eared Gits

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4099341 - Freebooters Objective Markers

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3155901 - Nids Objectives

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3163123 - Necrons Objectives

I feel like I should add a disclaimer here that I haven't actually had a chance to print the Gates or the Chests yet myself as the public printer I used to use has been stopped.

2 comments:

  1. Walk softly. And carry a big gun. That Autarch is insane! Objective markers coming along well. I would probably avoid the Public Library printer for elf ones tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The library printer is gone. They shut it down in March last year. I don't know where to print anymore.

      Delete