Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Don't Deep Strike Next to Aggressors



So on Monday night I went to the local games club at the Roxy. I had 1500pt game which was my first in awhile. I was very keen to try the Patriarch and Genestealer Ambush bomb that as soon as I could they were set up to charge the 6 man aggressor squad who were the most powerful looking thing on the board. Then:


And suddenly I no longer had any Genestealers. Which is why there is no photo of them from games night..

I did however take a photo just before I was tabled.




It wasn't all bad, the Roxy gave all the club members a free Cocktail (BEST CLUB EVER).
mmm tasty





To prove that they did get painted I took some photos of the genestealers back at home. They will be properly based when everything else is ready to based at the end of the month so until then its plain dirt.



2 comments:

  1. Ouch thats gotta hurt. If you had placed them out of line of sight would it have made any difference? Not saying you should have done, just wondering. Those Genestealers are lovely (in a sort of blood curdling, violent way). I really like the asymmetry. I never thought of mixing up the arms like that. Plus you can say its got scything talons or it hasn't depending on what mood you are in and what game you are playing (Good for Kill Team?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we both arrived late so had the dog breakfast for terrain, like 3 things on the table, nothing to hide behind, also never had that stratagem used against me either and thought cancelling overwatch with the Patriarchs Psychic power would be all I needed to do. I was wrong.

      I got the genestealers 2nd hand and was missing parts a few had limbs snapped off, decided to mix up the whole lot to try hide the ones that were broken. The one I'm happiest with was missing half a leg and I don't think its that noticeable. I hadn't thought about kill team to be honest.

      Delete