Monday, December 9, 2019

The Overdue Update: Fields of Blood



 Its been ages since I updated this and I have really wanted to share my Genestealer Cult that really is a genestealer brood.

 


While I didnt finish any of the paint jobs in time (or since as you can clearly see) for all the units I was adding I got all but one unit up to a standard I was happy to play with. While most of them just need me to clean up their skin and finish a few touch ups.

The Disappointment Squad

The model I was most happy with is the one I was least happy with when I started the conversion.
The abominant. While he was a lot bigger than the standard GW abominant he was on the right base size (just) and he looked great. LOS shouldn't matter for characters anyway.

BioHammer!

The standout unit at the tournament general heavy lifter award goes to the carnifexs. These things were beasts. Heavy Venom Cannons and Deathspitters was the right fit for what I needed to balance out my army.



Again I was close to getting best in Race for Tyranids. Me and Ryan were once again tied for points as top tyranids players with one round remaining. Hoping to play each other to duke it out for the spot we unfortunately got split. I got Deathwatch and he got put up vs Knights. This was in a round where only troops could score objectives. Sadly I lost my match and he won his.

Dynamic posing done right

Thankfully I got to play vs two of the beauty pageant armies along the way, one used Mantic models to make a unique looking Guard army and the other was a beautifully done GSC army with an amazing City piece display board (Also with Mantic Trucks).

A nice space trooper feel.

He had GSC priests as squad leaders in every squad.


Well taking away from the tournament and how to improve my list I decided I didn't like Genestealers (Purestrains) in my Genestealer Cult and I wanted an even bigger bug. This baby will count as either a shadowsword or Barbed Heirodule and give me a nice big bug on the table once its done.




2 comments:

  1. That Hierodule is looking good and I love the BioHammer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Thanks for making the BioHammer possible.

      Delete