Monday, January 24, 2022

What was and What will be

What Was


Well I can admit I was extremely slack last year. In terms of what I achieved since my last post we have 2 more marines painted (eeek Pathetic) . I stopped for a bit as I just wasn't quite happy with the paint scheme, it felt like it was missing something and the white on the arms just bothers me so I tried to change it slightly for these two with some recess shading, still not happy though.


I made and painted these 3 Warriors and their Alpha, I think honestly considering they give you 4 bodies and 4 heads that its just rude there are only 3 sets of legs. 


Thankfully I had a spare hive tyrant tail that made for a nice serpentine look that helps the Alpha differentiate a bit more.



And I painted my 'Exocrine'.


Not to mention I finished Ganesh and co who I am quite happy with and was probably the most interesting project of the year.








What Will Be

2022 is off to a good start with me having already painted 5 models which is almost as many as I painted last year. I started with the Christmas gift which was an infinity model and painted him using the new metallic paints I also got for Christmas.


I also knocked out these Blackstone Fortress/Necromunda Minis in record time. The Tau mini was from when I was a kid, he had already been painted (poorly) but adding several layers of stains and grime (also a new Christmas present) with some basing and his lens coloured in he actually looks decent


Now I am setting some goals for this year. I have things I need to get done, such as these 3 marines who are still waiting for me to figure out how to paint white.


These Enforcers who will be doubling up their patrols in both Necromunda and as Scouts in 40k.



And for some silly reason I got the new GSC codex and my Pure Genestealer Army is getting some new units.  


The Neophytes are looking okay and should be distinct enough I hope, I have some special weapons being printed for the mining laser and grenade launcher as I couldn't work out how to represent them with the parts I had.

Rockgrinder looks nothing like its GSC counterpart but at least its the right size or close enough.



As for the HQs the Space Hulk Genestealer I used has a terrible pose and is impossible to take a photo of but I am loving my Zen Magus the Spiritual leader for my army, though I am stuck as to what to do about making him an organic staff.


Well that all folks, hopefully I can keep myself honest this year and post more updates as well as start getting my photography skills back up to scratch.





1 comment:

  1. Zen Magus looks very interesting! You seem to have enough to keep you busy for a while. I'm ashamed to say that I have half painted one mini in BSF!

    ReplyDelete