Sunday, April 11, 2021

Theres a new Queen in town.

I have been incredibly slack when it comes to taking photos of my models lately which in turn has lead to no blog posts as it would be incredibly boring to read my walls of text without the pretty pictures of the models discussed.

 


As such while the photos may not be wonderfully done I have made sure I take them and will use this a general catch up post. As only one model is entirely complete they get the naming rights to the post.
That is the dakka queen for my Nids, I had the parts to make another tyrant and went with extra dakka, some very simple conversion work but should be enough to make it feel unique and the engine on the front helps bring in the storyline told across some of my other Nids. 

 



Despite being my only complete model shes not the only thing I have worked on, we have the Christmas Present for my best friend which is turning out to be next Christmas's present at this rate. Its an overly ambitious model of an Elephant deity sitting on his throne with a nice scenic base.






I made it magnetic so that you can reduce the base size down enough that you can play with it as a huge creature in DND and have a nice side character interacting with it on the scenic base.


 


This was originally going to be a skink with poison dart frog colours defending it but I scratched the paint job decided it was to visually busy anyway and now the elephants just having a chat with a Spanish Conquistador.

               

Where the barrel comes from is question that I cannot justify an answer too but it gives it some balance.





The Marines have not been stopped but I am finding it incredibly hard to motivate myself to do the painting which is way more intensive than any army before them. As such 5 are painted with 4 needing decals (yes we are counting the test model) and the rest of the squad needs alot of work. 


Not to mention the other squad that need alot of attention... (and all those models that are not built yet)



I have finished the display board for the marines, yes it is the playmat that comes with the Start collecting sets and I have durasealed it on top of a corflute sheet covered in magnetic sheets. My Duraseal work is as bad as when I was a kid, aka terrible and full of wrinkles and air bubbles. However the joy of having my models on a magnetic display board well outweights how badly I did it.

 


For my son we have a Skorpehk style Overlord to go with his Skorpehk army. The warrior legs have been 3D printed but were spaced at 32mm on the outside ring and are just the tiniest bit to big for the model, good thing I have 20 of them.



Last but not least I actually managed to get a game in with a Co-Worker. At a 1000pts I have to say a Barbed Heirodule is insanely good and that the new Space Marine Eradicators are way over hyped as they didn't deal any damage to the Heirodule at all (He rolled really bad and I made my 1 Invuln save)
















2 comments:

  1. I think that's actually how you are supposed to model twin linked brainleech devourers, isn't it? There just never seemed to be enough arm sockets on a Tyrant. Looks cool though. Kali and Ganesh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are just the devourers from the Carnifex kit and I believe GWs intended way, they had the special forgeworld ones so that you could still do it with with Wings (due to the lack of arm sockets).

      Yea he definitely has Ganesh vibes but the model was just called King of the Jungle, I believe he may end up as some sort of deity in a DnD campaign but that's up to its new owner.

      Delete