Monday, March 28, 2022

Into the Cauldron

 

Dave

Numeriel had gone into town to meet the new recruits Draik had found. Two of the locals, Skag and Dave. From the description they would be more than suited but it was best to meet them first. As she approached the tavern she noticed how desolate the streets were, only the scurrying of feet off in the distance. Opening the door as the warm air greeted her so did Draik. 

Local Recruits

Sitting at the largest table in the middle of the room Draik was not one for discretion. Next to him were two men whom seemed more than happy with the Feast provided. Skag seemed to have no care as his cyborg arm ripped apart another greasy crustacean. Dave seemed more mannered at least, quietly sipping on his beer whilst he waited. Numeriel sat and talked but she dared not eat the food, these Monkeighs were so unclean that surely this food would be poison. The conversations went well however, she felt confident in these men and their skills would be well suited. With that they left back for camp however the streets were not so empty as one man waited for them on the road out of town.

 


Standing there casually with a bolter at his side, he called out "Heard your looking for some helping hands".

Lyborick

To which she replied "Yes but we have found the workers and have nothing more to pay". 


Skag

"Worry not miss for I will help you rid these vermin for free, it would be my pleasure" Lyboric grinned.

------


Well heres the link to latest Battle Report were you can see Dave in action:




Skag was then Hired shortly after. Then seeing as I kept missing out on Juves as Venators cannot get them but was rolling them in the settlement recruitment each week our kind Arbitrators gave me a free Hunter with a random profile. Of course I rolled the worst of the 4 profiles and got a character that is not good at moving, shooting or close combat. Instead they are good with computers... Maybe a helpful stat in modern life but not great in gang warfare. So about came Lyboric, hes another old man with a bad leg and a bolter...




Following that I played a rematch vs Slaanescher, however we weren't at Daimon's so its back to a classic battle report and photos.



------


Numeriel had heard of the genetic monsters created by the covens of the underhive but now to hear one was loose was both a blessing and a nightmare. It was down in the sewer so it might get messy and surely she wouldn't be the only one interest in it.

------


So I was facing Slaaenscher again and we were going to try the Khimerix hunt, winner being whoever kills the beast. With it only appearing when someone rolls an injury dice, the more injury dice rolled in a round the more chance of it appearing.



Well I got priority and took the first shot of the game, wounding a juve with my lascannon who had started in the open, this immediately caused the Khimerix to appear, the khimerix then rolled ones to kill the juve before quickly becoming the focus of everyone. I took some wounds off it but it was the Slaanescher bounty hunter that dealt the blow to remove its last wound and seriously injure it. I thought this would be game over as she could then coup de grace. The game could have lasted half a round but Keira however refrained as the bonus exp would then be wasted on a non-permanent member. All she had to do was get someone else to charge it. This however gave me more chances to shoot it. By the end of the first round it had 4 flesh wounds out of the 5 it could take before dieing. It then rolled recovery, anything but a seriously injured result and the monster would bleed out resulting in a draw. Thankfully we got the beautiful snap result.


This means it came down to priority, she had the members she wanted in charge range so I had to get priority and kill it with my first activation, I wasn't in range to charge but with a lascannon surely it would be easy. Just to be safe I did a group activation with my leader. And well anything but the snap results were now needed.



So with my useless lascannon that still hasn't taken anything out of action wasted I moved onto shooting the new guys bolter. 


And with that clean and decisive kill the game was over, I had some winnings and exp but neither of us had lost a member and the game was over after1st activation of the 2nd round, pretty sure I had spent more time unpacking my stuff. At least I was able to level up Sir Jonas and got Munitioneer when rolling on the Savant table. I was happy with that but basically everything on the Savant table is good anyway.


------

The beast was dead but Numeriel had seen the followers of 'She who thirsts' and wasn't going to allow them to escape. She moved to cut them off at the next junction, they wouldn't be leaving these sewers so easily.

------




So we agreed to play another game, a classic tunnel fight to the death. She had more members out of recovery so didn't need the bounty hunter inducements and it would be a closer fight. Worst of all a Death Maiden with a falsehood meaning they could not be targeted for the first 2 rounds of the game.


Seeing as she kept starting with Juves in the open I went to get my Headshot with the lascannon, that once again seems to only seriously injure people..


It turned into a bloody brawl in the open but due to my high toughness and good recovery rolls my hunters kept standing back up. However it came to round 3 and Death Maiden was eyeing up the charge on Numeriel and I needed the first activation to stop it. And well I did get priority and fired my lascannon straight at the Death Maiden, I hit but rolled a 1 to wound. My champion activated but could only deal a single wound with his pistol. Sure with her pinned at least I could live.. but she had spring up and 2+ initiative. So in she charged. I parried the over charged Plasma pistol but it still hit and like that my overly expensive wet noodle was out of the game. Thankfully Darius was able to get the counter charge and the kill but it was going to be a close fight. 


Except it wasn't as the dice started to go my way, especially the injury dice with skulls showing up. My squad were raking in the exp and tables quickly turned. Not to mention a juve who tried to charge across the gap and failed the initiative check.
'

After it was all cleaned up, I was able to capture a wounded cultist by the name of "Salaala Serpentbane" and was able to level up 3 of my regular hunters. Sadly Lyboric and Kais both got intelligence upgrades (wooh so good with computers...) but Darius nailed it with a toughness increase so hes now t5.


Not to mention that Draik has finally joined the squad.


Leaders in recovery for the next match but it shouldn't matter as the next round is a special round involving only our lowest value gangers. For me that is Darius, Kais and Dave. I would feel confident but its a 5 way free for all and having the best gang only puts a target on your back.







No comments:

Post a Comment