Monday, February 18, 2019

Proof of Concept and a few Repairs



When I saw the new genestealer codex I got excited about my Tyranids as new rules always do. However I had been looking at ways to finish the army without using Genestealer cults as I didn't want to have the Blood Brothers in my army this year as they ruined the look of it a bit (Leman Russ' are still the best Nid of all time). I wanted a finished Army for Hive Fleet Leviathan. All Nids All Leviathan. However my test runs of a Broodlord and plain genestealers had been very lack luster in comparison to the GSC deepstrike and Mass Hypnosis. A few moments of thought and I said to myself maybe a genestealer with a spinefist can count as a Acoloyte Hybrid. Back in the work room I looked at the Genestealer sprue and thought the shape and pose was very athletic and very genestealer, I figured a more bipedal look would fix this and I feel it did.

The Silhouette should be significantly unique. 

So thats one down, 14 to go so that I can get a sweet Battalion. The other part of the Battalion would be a 2nd HQ. This comes down to the next conversion on the list, one that came into my mind when I saw the Abominant last year and thought why cant I have a big smashy Patriarch.

Thanks Monkey Chukka for the Size Comparison

I am uncertain as whether a Carnifex or Patriarch head is in order but the size will be fine. The hardest bit will be basing him in pose that doesnt look stupid.

Deff Dred and Killa Kann

Last but not least I am going to be filling in for 1 day at a tournament this weekend to even the numbers. Special rules apply to army building which is all your army must come from one codex with no index or FW units. This means I needed my Orks and to meet the 1500pts no FW or Index units I needed to repair a few of my old toys. With pinned arms and everything attached these two will see the light of day again.


My First Scratch Build. And first thing I painted when I got back into the hobby.




4 comments:

  1. Love the two Killa Kans, they look like Minions Dreads... and the bipedal Genestealer with Spine Fist looks alien to me! Quite disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siph, Minions were not something I was thinking of when I made them but people keep saying that. That and the Deff Dread looks like ClapTrap apparently. Disturbing alien is certainly whats wanted so sounds like I am on the right track.

      Delete
  2. Looking good! That reminds me, I need to dig out those hybrid heads for you. I'm sure I've got some somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably don't need to I think I will have 5 of the same head for 2 units and then the last unit will all have different heads so I will be fine, unless you have like 4 of the same hybrid head.

      Delete