Monday, June 22, 2020

Genestealer Detachment

 

Here are my loyal 17. The Genestealer Detachment. These bad boys are here to unlock the the 'Virago' Pattern ShadowSword. Being a Pure Genestealer Detachment they get a 6+ Lightning Reflex invunerable save on all the units that don't already have lightning reflexes. Consisting of 1 Patriarch, 1 Abominant and 3 units of 5 acoloytes....  now lets take a closer look at each squad.


The Original Design

These boys were the original design for the acolytes, slightly more upright and slowly pistolering their way towards you.

The Quick Save/Dynamic Design

This squad started the process for each squad having a different pose, it all happened when I messed up one of my models and then decided it could be saved by having a totally different pose and piece of the Killa Kan I ripped up to bounce off, originally just going to be a squad leader it turned into a full squad when I messed up two more. I think only the one leaping over the leg was intended to be in this squad from the beginning..


The Harlequin Design
 

Probably the most and least fun unit to do, they make them feel so much bigger and deadly but they were also a pain in the ass with all those knee replacements. Then again most units needed hip and ankel surgery so it was only a little more pain on and existingly painful process.


The Abominant

I had the idea of using crushing claws on a broodlord as the Abominant since the model got spoiled, however that looked terrible, it did not look good in an upright pose and to get it looking awesome and in some sort of animalistic pose across all 6 limbs would not fit on the tiny abominant base. Instead they got turned into the BioHammer we see today, more fitting for the required cave mans first step pose on his teeny tiny base.



YOU ARE MINE!

The Patriarch himself was the first model done for the detachment, originally posed on a pipe when I got him it had to be fixed, considering my nids were already based on grass and dirt.. I feel the result makes him stand out from the rest and provides a nice narrative.

Patriarch Power







2 comments:

  1. I've had the pleasure of facing these. Really enjoyed the leaping poses. All my stealers scuttle.

    ReplyDelete