Monday, June 29, 2020

Paiiiiinting



I don't know why I painted skeletons but I really wanted to paint these skeletons.




I got them trading some bitz down at the club and both were missing arms, I decided however only the shield one needed another arm and got a shoddy knockoff skeleton arm from another bitz trade at the club.



For Painting them I decided to try using a single contrast paint as an all round depth highlight shade over a coloured model, I then went about blocking out a few simple colours till the whole model was painted before giving them a very thick wash of skeleton horde contrast. Surprisingly I feel it works and has made an easy table top look that's nice on the eyes and the whole model being covered in the same contrast gives all the colours a similar blend and gives the model a cohesive feel.



Next up we have the 3 next gangers for the Death Lotus Cult, a witch and his two boys. These were being painted in a logical boring process and I was finding it a bit of a drag. Then I accidentally bought Long Beard grey (well the purchase was intentional, not noticing it was a dry paint was accidental). And for the first time ever just gave my models a good thwacking.



Next up was some fun with Hexwraith flame. First I painted the model in light pastel colours to make sure that it would have some mixture of colours but nothing would be too bold and jarr with the ghostly look.  Once the colours were blocked out it was a heavy dousing in Hexwraith and to finish it off an extra good thwacking with Longbeard.  The other girl was a contrast cover up again, much like the skeletons, this time blocking out the model in dark colours, mixing a small amount of black or dark brown into every paint applied. Finally one thick coat of Shyish Purple.




The fun did not stop, while everyone else is playing around with Non-Metallic Metals I decided to try Metallic Non-Metals. 



And so we have the Doctor, Doctor Who you ask? Well the third doctor to particular.


Did I stop painting you ask? Well no, at this point I was banging them out and on an amazing losing streak in Lol so less of that and more painting.





And so I moved onto my Hive Scum, I get these two fellows free thanks to my Blood Pit. Derek and Rob have been accused of being Trump fans due to their choice of skin tan. Ohh and you know they got a good thwacking!




And last but not least we have the Biggest of Boys the Chaos Ogryn. My son requested I paint him like the box art. So that has been done to the best of my ability by purely looking at whats on the back of the box + some thwack thwack. 








2 comments:

  1. You've been having fun haven't you? I'm not sure that's allowed. That one armed skelly is quite disturbing, but in a good way. Chaos Ogryn is sweeeeet. The gangers are my favourite tho. I love the Rogue Psyker (with a GSC head?). Damn you Rory, I'm not buying the Blackstone Fortress expansions! Get thee behind me Satan! Oh and Jon Pertwee was my favourite Doctor until he decided to play Worzel Gummidge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one armed skelly is one of my Faves, reminds of something that should be in Courage the Cowardly dog... As for Jon Pertwee his doctor has so much style, I mean the style was soo good they reused it for the 12th doctor. Having now googled Worzel Gummidge I will be taking a moment to erase that from my brain. And I only got the expansion and unit pack for gang in Necromunda, what a slippery slope...

      Delete