Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Do you have a Flag?

 



Do you have a Flag? What you mean that burning pile of scrap used to be a flag well in that case it looks like you don't have one and this territory is ours.



When considering Necromunda objectives I wanted something that my opponents could thematically set fire too and so my 'Relic' for my Chaos gang is a flag. And nothing shows your own it more than a flag, I mean ask Eddie Izzard, it was how Britain ruled the world.


This was amongst the very few things I actually painted however it was not alone meet Immeral Thamynn my latest DND character. 


Hes a warlock of the deep and how can you be bound to a primordial god of deep sea beasts without a tentacle, I got this printed originally as my beast lair marker for Necromunda but when making a new character this was too good to miss out on.


There are a few other pieces thats have been progressed but my big nids lost alot of steam when I found my pot of white paint that I cover them in before the wash had dried and I couldn't paint them if I wanted to. I now have some white paint but its not the same one as GW discontinued the one I was using, hopefully it doesnt change the end colours to much. More on this to come.



On a side note as of Monday Aotearoa New Zealand is officially COVID-19 free, with no active or new cases. Yes, We did that. Life can finally take a turn towards 'normality'. To celebrate here is a DND Character I painted for a friend taken at our first session in level 1.




4 comments:

  1. I saw that you'd managed to get COVID free, however, life After Covid (2020AC) won't and can't be same as 2020BC (Before Covid) until there is a vaccine, as any tourist or seafarer or traveller can bring it back to your fine Islands :( I wish you all well and as Eddie says "No Flag, No Country!" and this is a great thematic piece for your Gang! Your latest dancing gal looks great, but rather large hands for a Lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know its a long road to a normalised world but I am just glad I can go out and see friends and family again and go to the bakery etc. And yes it has rather large hands but I think we can overlook it as its a shapeshifter that has a penis when not in combat as it makes it easier to pee and then shifts its genitals for combat to protect those vital organs... (Not my ideas the players...)

      Delete
  2. oh wow, how did you do the design on the banner? I'm painting some open books (well, thinking aobut it) and would like to do something along the lines of the Necronomicon and this would be perfect. DnD characters are ace but the tentacle is my favourite (obviously!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I printed it out on a piece of paper and soaked it in thinned pva and stuck it on with a brush pushing any excess pva out as its flattened. I saw some people had been doing that for posters on terrain. It then got the same washes, dry brushes and highlights etc to try make it match the rest of the flag. You can notice that there is more wash caught round the edges of the paper but while its not super bad there are probably better ways to get designs on..

      Delete