Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Exocringe



My son has been asking me for a big monster like daddies, most specifically he wants his own Virago. I was not going to be getting him his own Virago but Mimicry Miniatures recently got an SLA printer so I dug up the files I got off Thingyverse in 2018 for a Biovore/Pyrovore Hybrid and up scaled it till it was the size of an Exocrine. I really hated its bullfrog throat so removed the head from the files and sent them through.


Mimicry Miniatures do 3D printing in Wellington and have a range of 3D products they are licensed to print (Mostly DND and Fantasy based) but will do custom print jobs on any files you send through. I got them to print the Tentacle you will have seen in earlier posts, but that was printed on FDM which is a classic line printer that they started off with. While I haven't gone through the full catalog I am finding their custom print jobs great and well priced.


The other thing I realised is that I haven't posted any photos of my Swarmlord/Reaper of Obiliterax Tyrant to the blog yet. This model was assembled during the dark times of Lockdown. I hate the Swarmlords tiny swords when they clearly have a much bigger much better looking sword in the set for the Bonesword Lashwhip Combo. So after putting on the two big Swords I looked at maybe having the smaller swords for the 2nd set of arms as his parrying daggers but that was lame. So instead I bent out my old metal whip and flipped the other whip. In competitive games it will probably be used as a Swarmlord but in more fun casual games a pure melee Tyrant with Murderous Size, Toxin Sacs and Reaper of Obiliterax dealing a crushing 9 damage on any wound rolls of a 6 will be hilarious.


Last but not least while I am pumping out the content is the base for my Harpy, I have stripped so many bits off the truck that the Monkey Chuka gave me that it was left in a barely together state, with barely any other bits worth stripping its now going to be used help keep my beautiful flying Harpy in the air.  The paint job should end up matching the orks on the bases of my Patriarch and his genestealers.


Because as we all know I cannot sit down and work on one project at a time, with 3 now finished I have to start 6 right? Its like chopping heads off a Hydra.





2 comments:

  1. I think the scaled up pyrovore looks pretty decent. And you've got to have a Swarmy. Who is Mimicry Miniatures? Anyone I know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its Marcels new start up. He wasn't into 40k but he was a big part of the AoS community I think. He played down at the club back when AoS was played at the club.

      Delete